Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cello in the Ruins

Thank you to Amelia for bringing her lovely self and her gorgeous instrument to a location I have always wanted to photograph!  If you want overgrowth and disrepair, you can find it in massive proportions at old Fort Washington.  From its towering battalions you can look up the Potomac River to the beacon of the Washington Monument, marking Washington, D.C.  Or you can look down the curve in the river to George Washington's home, Mt. Vernon, on the opposite shore.  Within it's walls, the opportunities for peeling paint, moss-grown pavement, and architectural oddities, are endless.  So endless I don't think I could ever exhaust them with any number of photo shoots.  I just feel incredibly fortunate to have had Amelia and her cello as the objects of my first attempt!

To see Jenny's take on this shoot, visit http://jenniferjlewis.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post.html .

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely! I'm glad we visited Fort Washington - that makes the photos even more meaningful. Especially liked the one with the old door.

    ReplyDelete